Saturday, June 23, 2007

Message in a bottle

How long has it been?
Since I started this voyage.
A Discarded memory
To float upon despair.

This sea is unforgiving,
It trashes and churns.
Moving hapzardly, here and there
Dreams are shattered in this madness.

Wave upon wave,
beat upon my brittle exterior.
Cracked and on the verge,
I will not join the shards below.

The words in my soul,
must be protected.
A greater purpose,
I am merely a glass conduit.

The waves cease their bombardment,
This sea is still.
Will I be forgotten?
Frozen amongst broken dreams.

I must go on,
I must be found.
The message must be grasped,
for it is my purpose.

My destination is far.
No end in sight.
The waves will have their way with me.
I am a message in a bottle.

1 comment:

cathy said...

Your messages are worth the effort!